“MS Drum” Uncut High-Precision Drawn Aluminum Pipe for Photoconductor Drums
Our unique technology achieves high dimensional accuracy suitable for photoconductor drum applications by using precision extrusion and cold-drawing processes to achieve a mirror surface.
Photosensitive drums are said to be the heart of laser printers and copiers. High-precision drawn aluminum pipes are the materials used in such drums. Through its own development, UACJ has succeeded in making mirror surfaces only by precision extrusion and cold-drawing processes, eliminating the need for conventional machining and mirror surface processing.
- Cold-drawing creates an excellent surface and reduce surface-machining processes.
- Achieves high dimensional precision (exterior and interior diameters, chatter pattern).
- Organic solvents are unnecessary, allowing environmentally friendly water washing and eliminating the need for oil during production.
- Automatic testers are used to test all products for dimensional accuracy and surface quality.
- Stable product quality is ensured through consistent manufacturing process management spanning casting, extrusion, drawing and testing.
Superb dimensional precision and coated optical surface characteristics
|Tolerance on outside diameter||Approximately 1/5 of JIS|
|Chatter pattern*1||35 μm or less|
|Surface roughness*2||Ry ≦ 2 μm|
*1 Measured at center, when tubes are supported at both ends and rotated *2 Maximum height
Comparison of conventional and new processes